Thursday, October 4, 2012

Leftover Oatmeal Muffins

Oatmeal is standard breakfast fare around here, but I can't seem to figure out how much we need every day, so we sometimes end up with leftovers.  I am fine with hot oatmeal for breakfast, but leftover oatmeal kind of makes me want to gag.  So I was happy to find this recipe for leftover oatmeal muffins and everyone was happy with the result. They are perfect for tossing in lunches or for snacks.


1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I generally use all white whole wheat flour)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 cup canola oil (I sometimes use 1/4 oil and 1/4 applesauce)
2 eggs
1 c leftover oatmeal
2/3 cup raisins
1 t vanilla

In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, stir oil, eggs, oatmeal, raisins and vanilla together. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. Spoon into 12 greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 for about 18 minutes. These freeze well.

No comments:

Post a Comment