Thursday, January 3, 2013

Our Favorite Smoothie

Smoothies. Gotta love them. This one is our favorite, and interestingly, we tend to have it more often during the winter than the summer, which is good because there's a lot of good cold-busting ingredients inside.
 


I don't really measure when I make smoothies, so just put in whatever amount seems right and adjust as needed.

Purple Green Smoothie

Orange Juice (a higher quality juice makes a better smoothie)
A couple handfuls of spinach
Frozen blueberries
Half a frozen or very ripe fresh banana
Plain yogurt
Wheat germ or ground flaxseed, optional


Whiz it all together in the blender, pour into a glass, insert a straw, adjust your goggles, and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Janet should try this with her Ninja.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I request a post about artisan bread. I want to try my hand at it, but I'm afraid to add to my cooking failures list.

    ReplyDelete