Saturday, June 1, 2013

Double Chocolate Banana Muffins

I don't usually crave chocolate. I frequently crave ice cream and occasionally, especially, if I haven't been eating well, I get a hankering for a big salad with meat on top. But I don't usually crave chocolate.  A couple weeks ago, however, I got a very specific desire to make double chocolate banana muffins. I knew I had seen the recipe before, and I even thought it was a Taste of Home recipe. A quick internet search found it, and oh, it did not disappoint. Craving fulfilled in a big way. I have made these twice in the past week.

By the way, my low carb diet is not going very well.


Double Chocolate Banana Muffins

1.5 cups flour (I use one cup white whole wheat and 1/2 cup all purpose)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 scant cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 and 1/3 cup mashed banana (from 4-5 bananas)
1/3 cup oil
1 egg
1 cup mini chocolate chips


Mix dry ingredient together. In a separate bowl, mix banana, egg and oil and add to dry ingredients, mixing just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill lightly greased muffin cups and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. I really never crave chocolate either. Jacob thinks I'm weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't either, but a lot of times I crave sweet, and chocolate fulfills that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these. They were good. I may have over cooked them. They were kind of dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They should not have been dry. Did you use enough banana? Otherwise, yes, you probably overcooked them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably didn't use enough banana. I used two smallish ones. I didn't bother measuring them since that's all I had anyway, but in retrospect, I should have maybe used applesauce to fill in.

    ReplyDelete