Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Chicken Caesar Sandwiches {Slow Cooker}

It's a lovely 75 degrees today. We left the windows open overnight and I was actually chilly when I went downstairs this morning. I'm taking advantage and doing some baking. This recipe, however, does not require the oven. It is easy, it is tasty, and it would be perfect to make for a crowd.

Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches

from The Girl Who Ate Everything

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/2 to 1 cup bottled Caesar dressing (I generally use store brand, but I would bet that a more expensive brand is even better)
 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups shredded romaine.
buns


Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker with a cup of water and let cook on low heat 4-6 hours. When done, remove chicken onto a cutting board and pull apart with two forks, discarding any fat. Drain the water and any chicken residue from the slow cooker, then put the chicken back in with the dressing, parmesan, parsley and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes until it is hot throughout. Scoop onto buns and top with romaine. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm like 98% sure that Janet has made this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we ate it at Janet and Jacob's when I visited in February, I think.

    ReplyDelete