Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Green Orange Julius

The family night classic...reinvented.  This isn't just for dessert though; it's delicious anytime.

I realize the majority of my recent posts involve bananas. Sorry about that if you can't eat or don't like bananas. That's definitely not the case here. Sometimes I buy three bunches a week. If they're on the reduced rack, they're only 25 cents a pound, so I totally stock up.

This would be perfect for St. Patrick's Day, although you'll definitely want to make it year round.



Green Orange Julius

from Foodie with Family


1.5 cups milk, whatever kind suits your preference
1 cup orange juice concentrate
a couple big handfuls of spinach
1 frozen and sliced banana
1/2 t vanilla

Blend it all together until frothy and serve. Serves 2-3.

2 comments:

  1. I'm testing how Camille does with bananas again. I would love to be able to give her bananas more because she likes them and they're pretty cheap, but we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke and I love bananas, but they go from green or yellow to brown in one day! It's ridiculous and I don't want to have to buy bananas every other day. I used to just freeze them to use later, but then we had a freezer full of bananas. I want to find something to keep bananas from doing that so fast.

    ReplyDelete