Monday, September 14, 2015

Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Bars

These bars are tasty. They are similar to baked oatmeal, but hold together well. They are made with simple, healthy ingredients and it makes a large panful. I might try using honey or brown sugar in place of the maple syrup next time, but the maple syrup ones were delicious. I  haven't had great success with homemade granola bars, but I think these are a good substitute.


Cinnamon Raisin Snack Bars  from Real Food Real Deals via SunMaid

2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup applesauce
2/3 cup maple syrup
1 t. vanilla extract
3 cups rolled oats
2 t. baking powder
1.5 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1 cup raisins (I didn't use Sun-Maid...gasp!)

Combine wet ingredients in one bowl and dry ingredients in another bowl, then combine. Stir in raisins, then transfer to a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Cool for a few minutes before cutting into bars.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, Would these be good with a raisin substitute? I assume craisins would be good. Chocolate chips? I haven't had great success with granola bars, either.

    ReplyDelete