Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekly Menu Planner

Monday: Red Beans & Rice - this was on the menu last week and it didn't happen. It did happen tonight, however. I thought it was okay, but several factors (I roughly cut the recipe in half, but didn't measure very carefully; I used turkey polska kielbasa; I did it on the stove top instead of the crock pot) made it not as good as it could be. It's worth another try, though.



Tuesday: Chicken Tortilla Soup using the leftovers of last week's chicken tacos - another recipe I just wasn't wild about, but I'm optimistic about the soup.



Wednesday: Lasagna. From a box. From the freezer. Requested by the hubby and I am not about to buy lasagna noodles, ground beef, ricotta, cottage cheese, tomatoes, whatever else goes in lasagna and spend all afternoon cooking it. Some things are not worth cooking in my book (although I usually don't complain when other people cook them...).



Thursday: Baked chicken drumsticks with a corn flake coating, along with some vegetable sides.



Friday: Stir fry - this will be one of those weeks when I throw together whatever's in the freezer. I know we have pork, zucchini pieces, red pepper, carrots, snap peas.


Saturday: Turkey burgers. I don't know what possessed me to buy extra lean turkey burgers a few weeks ago, but I did, and they are in the freezer, and they do not taste good. But we will top them with bacon and avocado and be grateful we have food on our plates.



Sunday: Something in the crock pot. Probably Spicy Pintos unless I think of something more toothsome (Definition 1, if you please). Any ideas?



What are you having for dinner this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment